Welcome to the Friends of NAIS section.
The Friends of NAIS is a active group of parents, carers, grandparents and local friends who want to make a difference to the children and families of the school.
We all care passionately about wanting to support the school in helping to organise activities and events to fundraise towards amenities for all of the children to enjoy.
The Friends is a registered charity and therefore has a Chair, Secretary and Treasurer at the helm. Other members of the team work in small groups to undertake one or more of the events we are holding during the year. In working this way, Friends don't have to commit to working on long term projects, unless they wish to. This works well as most of our members have families, jobs and limited time to commit.
In past years the Friends have organised and run events such as:
- Christmas, Mother's Day and Father's Day shop
- Visit to all classes from the Easter Bunny
- Visit and classroom gifts from Father Christmas
- Summer and Christmas Fayres
- Santa Dash
- Annual Quiz night
- Personalised Christmas cards
- Sponsored reading event
- School Disco's
Fundraising efforts have resulted in some of the following being achieved:
- Teddies purchased for all new year R starters
- The purchase of Playground equipment
- The purchase of Playground sporting equipment
- Matched donations of books to the school library
- Donations made towards Class trips (reducing cost to parents)
- Drama company being invited into school to perform (at no cost to parents)
- Annual gifts presented to each class (not pupils)
- Year 2 Leavers Party
- Year 2 Leavers books
We are always looking for volunteers to join the Friends. Whether you are currently a parent at the school, a grandparent or live in the local community we would love to welcome you to the Friends.
Our Facebook page 'Friends of Netley Abbey Infant School' offers up to date information about what is happening with the Friends.
If you wish to contact us you can do so via the Facebook page, or please contact the school and ask for a message to be passed to the current team of the Friends of Netley Abbey Infant School.
Thanks for reading and we hope to see you at a meeting of the Friends soon.